CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
The ICDAR 2021 Organizing Committee invites proposals for workshops that will be held before the commencement of the ICDAR 2021 main conference. Researchers interested in organizing workshops at ICDAR 2021 are invited to submit a proposal, including the following information.
- Preference for the duration (full day or half day) and date (September 5-7, 2021)
- Scope and motivation
- Relevance for ICDAR
- Potential committee
- Short CV of organizers
In order to facilitate innovative collaboration and engagement between members of other research communities and the document analysis community, in addition to the document analysis related workshop, Workshop Chairs also strongly encourage other research communities to submit proposals on recent other important topics which are used by the document analysis community. Workshops proposing discussions about topics dealing with an open vision of the notion of documents are also welcome.
- The ICDAR main conference organizers will handle the workshop registration and provide workshop space, coffee breaks and other facilities required to organize workshops (e.g. a room, a projector and a screen). In addition, a free registration will be provided to an organizer of each workshop.
- If a workshop incurs costs for invited speakers, the workshop organizers are required to bear that cost. The workshop organizers may solicit sponsorship to cover the relevant costs. They may use their free registration for the invited speaker.
- Please set the camera-ready due date of your workshop at July 5, 2021or prior.
- Workshop proceedings will be published through the ICDAR organizers and proceeding costs will also be borne by the ICDAR main organizers.
- The front matter (preface, title page and so on) and the paper order with session dividers are provided from the workshop organizers to the ICDAR2021 Publication Chairs. (Its due date will be set around the same date as camera-ready papers.)
- If the proceedings related conditions above are not met by an organizer, the proceedings will not be published through the ICDAR main organizers, and the organizer will need to be published locally by their own.
Submission Guidelines & Inquiries
All proposals should be submitted by email to the Workshop Chairs (Elisa Barney Smith – Boise State University, USA or Umapada Pal – Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India) via:
ebarneysmith***boisestate.edu or umapada_pal***yahoo.com (please replace *** with the at mark).
For any inquiries you may have regarding the workshops, please contact the Workshop Chairs via the above emails.
- October 5, 2020: Workshop proposal due date
- October 15, 2020: Workshop proposal due date
- November 2, 2020: Acceptance notification
- September 5 – 7, 2021: Dates of workshops
Copyright © ICDAR 2021 Organizing Committee