Staying a bit longer after the conference? Two post-conference tours are available for ICDAR participants on Saturday, September 11. They can be booked via the conference registration platform.
Guided morning excursion by private bus
In Veytaux, near the village of Montreux, Chillon Castle has stood proudly on its rocky island for nearly a thousand years. A true treasure from the past, a must-see.
This idyllic setting has been a delight for all to see since the 12th century: with Lake Geneva and the Alps as its backdrop, the imposing fortified Chillon Castle is surrounded by the most beautiful scenery. Not surprising that this romantic setting was for centuries a source of inspiration for many artists. Made famous by Jean-Jacques Rousseau who based the story of his novel “New Heloise” here in the 18th century, the Chillon Castle then attracted the poet Lord Byron, inspired by a true story to write his most famous poem, “The Prisoner of Chillon”.
- 08h30: departure from Lausanne
- 09h30: arrival at the Chillon castle
- 09h30-10h30: visit of the castle
- 10h45: departure from Chillon
- 11h30: arrival in Lausanne
Guided half-day excursion (including lunch) by private bus
Overlooking the village of Montreux, the Rochers-de-Naye (2,045 m) lookout area offers an unparalleled 360-degree view of Lake Geneva and the Alps.
A charming MOB cog-railway connects the banks of the lake to Rochers-de-Naye in just one hour. At the summit, a splendid panoramic view and a variety of activities await passengers. In summer, visitors can admire marmots and beautiful alpine flowers. In winter, popular winter sport facilities are also available. Two restaurants serve traditional Swiss food at the peak of the mountain.
- 09h30: departure from Lausanne
- 10h30: arrival at the Chillon castle to pick up participants from activity 1
- 10h45: arrival at the Montreux train station
- 11h17: departure of the train
- 12h06: arrival in Rochers-de-Naye
- 14h11: departure of the train
- 15h06: arrival in Montreux
- 15h10: departure for Lausanne
- 16h10: arrival in Lausanne
Copyright © ICDAR 2021 Organizing Committee